A shutdown virus is programmed to make your computer shut itself off. It can happen from any command the specific virus chooses, be it opening a web browser or accessing your command prompt. A shutdown virus can be a harmless prank from a friend, but it can also be from someone more sinister. A reliable, updated antivirus program is always the best way to completely virus removal, but there are ways to remove this one online virus removal & second manually. Deleting the files and registry keys associated with the virus can help disable it.
1. Open the registry editor on your computer. Go to the "Run" command in the "Start" menu, type "regedit" and press "Enter." Some shutdown viruses can deny you access to the registry editor. In this case, download and install an alternate registry editor and open it.
2. Make a copy of your registry, especially if you are using the computer's main registry editor. Editing anything in the registry is dangerous and can damage the computer. Go to "Start," "Programs," "Accessories," "System Tools" and "System Restore." Choose "create a Restore Point" and follow all instructions the dialogue box gives you.
3. Search the registry keys within "HKEY_CURRENT_USER." Look for autorun keys that include "shutdown," "pc off" or something similar within the data name. Delete these registry keys by right-clicking on them, selecting "Modify" and clicking "Delete."
4. Open your computer's "Program Files" folder. Search for EXE files that appear related to the shutdown virus--they will very likely have the same "shutdown-pc off" title. Delete these files and immediately clear your "Recycling Bin."
5. Open your "Task Manager" by inputting "taskmgr.exe" in the "Run" command. Go to the "Processes" tab and search for the processes with the same names as the deleted files. Right-click these processes and select "End Process" to kill them.
In this Microsoft tech support blog you will find that, there are a number of different ways to remove a virus; like scan your laptop, online virus removal etc. However, you do not want to give it any time to damage your computer -- you need to remove it as fast as possible. Also find here Tips to fix a Facebook Virus >>